Sunday, February 7, 2016

About Mel.


With the late Mel Tregonning’s Facebook page recently being memorialized, and although I am not good at this kind of thing at all, I thought I would share some thoughts.

I studied with Mel at University and spent a lot of time with her, eventually bringing her on to Gestalt Comics projects. I had hoped to send work her way and was - like all of us - very upset to learn of her passing.


I’d imagined we would work together on something in the future, possibly helping her build a career from her art. She certainly had the talent. Like many who knew Mel we all saw her as a creative force. I miss hanging out at art events with her. Mel, you are missed.

You can download her comic NIGHT, from our Flinch anthology, here.
A gallery of her work can also be seen via her DeviantArt account here.

No comments:

Post a Comment